Saturday 17 March 2012

Year 5, day 63

At last, he's come to see me. I hadn't seen him since October last year when he put me to bed for the winter but I've been expecting a visit about now. He always comes alone for the first few visits of the new season. He's been coming back about this time for the past six years so I've been eagerly awaiting his return although this year he's a bit late. I noticed that he's put on a bit of weight since I last saw him too. He brought a new telescopic ladder so we didn't have the annual wobbly ladder dance. Gave me a good wash on the outside and then checked inside to make sure nothing was wrong below decks. Off  loaded more gadgets in a box as well but nothing big like he'd brought in previous years. Wonder what they've both been up to since they left me here last year? Just before they went there was lot's of talk about this year being 'Year 5' whatever that means.
He had visitors this afternoon - Charles and Kit came calling - and although nothing was said directly, I think he's planning something particularly unusual for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment